Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Party Continues in SOBE 9/21/07

So...my 5 Factor diet I was all gung ho about back in July, which was to prepare me to get a body like Halle Berry by September, didn't exactly come to fruition. Well, there were many factors really...lost motivation and lost motivation. Taking a wine trip and gorging on delectable food the week before probably didn't help. Ahh well. My first trip to South Beach was a blast. Having had just a wee too much wine the weekend before guaranteed I would not be getting too crazy in SoBe! Molly, Molly P, Liz and Ranae helped me celebrate the big 3-0 in style. We stayed at the Doubletree Surfcomber (a Hilton property, of course) which was right in the middle of everything. The first night we were not too sure where THE places to go were so we just walked around and checked out everything. We passed on an invitation from the bouncer at the Mansion because the crowd looked suspect. We learned later the Mansion is one of THE places to go. Oh well. By the next night we had figured out that various hotel lobbies and clubs were the places to be. Hotels on Collins Avenue such as The Delano, The Sagamore ,Loews Hotel, and The Shore Club were where all the pretty people appeared to be. We ate dinner at Nobu at the Shore Club and then on to the Skky bar. Two fabulous trips celebrating my 30th with my husband and friends was a great way to usher in the 30s! Check out my SoBE 30th Birthday pictures.

No comments: